The Caledonia Friends of the Library was started in 2011 with 35 members. Since then they have been busy:
- Encouraging the use of the library as a community space for educational and cultural activities.
- Focusing the public’s attention on library services, facilities, and resources.
- Assisting in fundraising for special needs beyond the scope of the library’s budget.
- Volunteering in activities that further the mission of the library.
The Friends focus on two major fundraisers during the year. One is the ever popular basket raffle, which takes place in November, and as of 2016, they are one of the many local groups selling food during Caledonia’s Music in the Park.
The money raised is used for various non-budget items for the library. These include:
- Two benches that sit outside the building.
- Various office equipment including a DVD cleaner, office chairs and laminating machine.
- Prizes for the summer reading program.
- The cafe table and chairs in the library’s atrium.
- Free magnets for library patrons with the library’s hours.